Today my training team did the bike and run course (well I did most of the run course…) for next weekend’s Copper Creek Triathlon. We weren’t alone, there were quite a few people out testing the course today. I’d like to build my confidence a bit more by listing the top 5 reasons the actual race will be better than today’s training:
5. There won’t be cars on the bike course.
4. There won’t be big bumps in the road on the bike course (it appears as though there is some construction that should be done by next weekend!)
3. There WILL be a swim to boost my self esteem before the two things that make my soul sad.
2. There will be water stations on the run (and it’ll be earlier in the morning and most likely a bit cooler) and enthusiastic people to cheer us on.
1. A BIRD WILL PROBABLY NOT POOP ON MY MOUTH ON THAT BIKE RIDE TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!
Oh, and how fast we forget things like #1. Matty J said (as we were running) “Hey, is that dirt on your top?” I replied “We aren’t going to talk about that.” Matty J “No, but there is something brown on…” Me: “No.” Matty J: “Oh…right…”